Our Zone: San Andreas Multiplayer Sub-Clan & GTA V Clan

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» you must read this noob
Metro 2033 Redux! Now Released! I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2018 2:05 pm by SWiFT!

» Active Spam!
Metro 2033 Redux! Now Released! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 3:02 am by Ednac

» Best Lyrics
Metro 2033 Redux! Now Released! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 7:08 am by SWiFT!

» Hey OZsssssssss
Metro 2033 Redux! Now Released! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2016 7:07 am by SWiFT!

» How 'bout these memories?
Metro 2033 Redux! Now Released! I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2015 10:46 am by Ednac

» One less member among us.
Metro 2033 Redux! Now Released! I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 24, 2015 4:09 am by sandb0x

» How is everybody doing?
Metro 2033 Redux! Now Released! I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 3:32 am by sandb0x

» Hey what gives?
Metro 2033 Redux! Now Released! I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 4:34 am by Djura[OZ]

» Happy Birthday!
Metro 2033 Redux! Now Released! I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 4:58 am by sandb0x

Top posting users this month
No user

Metro 2033 Redux! Now Released!

2 posters

Go down

Metro 2033 Redux! Now Released! Empty Metro 2033 Redux! Now Released!

Post by SWiFT! Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:10 pm

Metro 2033 Redux! Now Released! Metro_2033_redux-wide

I had preordered the new Metro 2033 Redux on Steam a few weeks ago.

The game just unlocked yesterday and I tell you what, I definitely recommend it.

If you don't know what it is, it's a remake of the original game Metro 2033 from back in 2010.
The game is remade on the new 4A engine with one of the HIGHEST QUALITY games to date on PC.

Here's a review from Steam:

Metro 2033 is a survival horror game released in 2010, based off of the novel of the same name. It was well received by critics, and a sequel was released a few years later. Metro Last Light brought an improved engine, as well as many optimisations. The goal of Metro Redux is to graphically improve Metro 2033 while giving the gameplay enhancements provided by 2033's sequel. I say that Redux does it's job very well.

Everything has been changed in Redux; 4A has rebuilt 2033 from the ground up in the newest version of the 4A engine, and it shows. The intro videos and main menu screens have been redone, and the graphics options are the same as Last Light. It is also worth noting that the new engine brings the optimisations that Last Light had, so Metro Redux will run well and still look beautiful on old-ish or mid-tier rigs (I can run almost all settings on max, including PhysX, on 1 GTX 770).

When starting the game for the first time, you are given the option to choose your play style. Spartan gives you the action filled style that Last Light has, while still maintaining the basic survival horror feel. Survival stays true to 2033 in that ammo is limited, and stealth and ammo conservation are vital. Both modes can also be combined with Ranger, which limits the HUD - this makes the player more observant, while increasing difficulty and immersion. Note that there is no "Easy" mode, at least from what I have seen. I chose to play on Spartan Normal (action-feel, while keeping the HUD). All modes include the more forgiving stealth gameplay from Last Light, so stealth is a bit easier and more realistic.

The story remains the same, but there are improvements over the original, besides the graphics. Notes are in the world, which expand the story further. I found myself exploring areas looking for notes. The music has been improved, although it is a bit loud for my taste (this can probably be changed in a menu). The sound design is good, but I feel it could have been improved. YMMV, however.

To close, I wholeheartedly recommend Metro 2033 Redux to people who enjoy FPS games with tight controls and excellent mechanics. Although there are minor issues (some bad sound design, lack of an Easy mode), the graphics, optimisations, and added gameplay make this an easy recommendation over the original. If you are new to the Metro games, be sure to check out Last Light Redux.

Please be sure to check out this video full of all the fantastic features on Metro Redux and the comparisons to the original games: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZwVvl71JnM

Metro 2033 Redux Steam Store Page: http://store.steampowered.com/app/286690/

-Swift.
SWiFT!
SWiFT!
Founder
Founder

http://partyserver.us/?page=player&player=D.A.F.T

Back to top Go down

Metro 2033 Redux! Now Released! Empty Re: Metro 2033 Redux! Now Released!

Post by Storm Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:13 am

I have to sell my ass(no homo) to buy a gpu to be able to run this shait , tho is hell of a game the history and the way its connected to the other metro games its just sweet

I dont want to sound like a hater but personally i dont like when companys make these "remastered" and the only thing they change is graphics, dunno im a history lover
Storm
Storm
Leader
Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by SWiFT! Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:03 am

Storm_. wrote:the only thing they change is graphics

Well you got that part very wrong. Wink
SWiFT!
SWiFT!
Founder
Founder

http://partyserver.us/?page=player&player=D.A.F.T

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum